- CELEBRATE APRIL CLASSMATE BIRTHDAYS
- Class of 1958 Celebrates 55th Reunion
- JOIN IN THE CONVERSATION – use this BULLETIN BOARD page
- CLASS INFO
- CLASS NEWS
- 50th WEDDING CONGRATULATIONS …
- CLASSMATE TRIBUTES
- CLASSMATE SECURE SITE: Classmate Contact Information Classmate BIOs
- MHS CLASS of 1958 BIOs edited
- PET FAMILY MEMBERS
- MEMORIES FROM YESTERYEAR
- THOUGHTS for PONDERING
- MHSAA LINK:
- CLASSMATE HOBBIES and INTERESTS
- USD 383 (Manhattan-Ogden School District) LINK
- 50th REUNION MEMORY SLIDE SHOW … Additions & Corrections
- ARCHIVED MHS 1958 CLASS DOCUMENTS & ARTIFACTS
- CONTACT US
TERRILL (TERRY) R. BARR
March 31, 1940 – June 1986
Terry was survived by his wife, Adrienne
and one son
From Tausca McClintock (Schillaci): "Terry was this big, happy "bear" of a guy. He had the greatest smile and a wonderful knack for making everyone laugh. In high school, he coined the phrase, "unseasonably cool" taking cool to a whole new level. He also overcame a slight stutter by coming up with alternative words; i.e. turning "pebbbbbb" into "rock" in a blink and continuing on with his story."
"Terry and I were basketball king and queen … a huge thrill for me. No two people had bigger smiles that evening.
"Terry’s unique talent was reading maps. He pursued that interest by working for Rand McNally in Chicago, Illinols. We both happened to be living in Chicago at the time. Our paths crossed only once when he introduced me to his first wife. As always, he was the life of the party"
"Terry and his second wife, Adrienne, settled in Boulder, Colorado. When he learned that his melanoma had recurred, he faced the diagnosis bravely and fought hard to beat it back again. However, that was not to be. Bob Dawson and I visited him in the hospital; and again a week before he died, at his home. He was in good spirits to the end. He is probably looking down on us now and thinking about how to make us laugh. Knowing him made all of us better people."
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.