- HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES to our classmates with March Birthdays
- Class of 1958 Celebrates 55th Reunion
- JOIN IN THE CONVERSATION – use this BULLETIN BOARD page
- CLASS INFO
- CLASS NEWS
- 50th WEDDING CONGRATULATIONS …
- CLASSMATE TRIBUTES
- CLASSMATE SECURE SITE: Classmate Contact Information Classmate BIOs
- MHS CLASS of 1958 BIOs edited
- PET FAMILY MEMBERS
- MEMORIES FROM YESTERYEAR
- THOUGHTS for PONDERING
- MHSAA LINK:
- CLASSMATE HOBBIES and INTERESTS
- USD 383 (Manhattan-Ogden School District) LINK
- 50th REUNION MEMORY SLIDE SHOW … Additions & Corrections
- ARCHIVED MHS 1958 CLASS DOCUMENTS & ARTIFACTS
- CONTACT US
"Looking for My Wallet and Car Keys"
sung by Tom Rush
I found the lyrics (below) under the title "Modern Day Yuppie Blues" (aka "The Remember Song"):
Looking for my wallet and my car keys,
Well they can’t have gone too far;
And just as soon as I find my glasses
I’m sure I’ll see just where they are.
Supposed to meet someone for lunch today,
But I can’t remember where
Or who it is that I am meeting:
It’s in my organiser ~ somewhere.
I might have left it on the counter;
Maybe outside in the car.
Last time I remember driving
Was to that Memory Enhancement Seminar.
What's that far-off distant ringing
and that strangely familiar tone?
Must be the person I am meeting
Calling me on my brand new cordless ‘phone.
I might have left it under the covers,
Or maybe outside on the lawn;
And I’ve got just one more ring to go
Before my answering machine kicks on.
“Hi, this is Tom and your call means a lot to me,
So leave a message at the tone
And I’ll do my best to try to remember
To call you back when I get home.”
“Tom, this is Gwendoline, and I am trying not to cry
But I’ve been waiting here for over an hour ~
I thought you loved me. This is goodbye!”
Hell, the voice sounds familiar,
And the name it rings a bell.
Let’s see now, where was I?
Notes: Tom Rush (www.tomrush.com) sings "The Remember Song" – written by Steven Walters and used with permission. Recorded at Humphreys By The Bay, San Diego, CA., this performance appears on Judy Collins' "Wildflower Festival" DVD and CD and is available from Tom's website at http://tomrush.com or iTunes
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.